A RESOLUTION ENACTED AND REACHED AT THE 7THJOINT NATIONAL CENTRAL WORKING COUNCIL (NCWC) MEETING OF NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF CRIMINOLOGISTS AND SECURITY PRACTITIONERS OF NIGERIA (NACSP) HELD ON THE 5TH DAY OF JUNE, 2022 AT ITS INTELLIGENCE HEADQUARTHERS, ABUJA.
We are the members of the above named body, an umbrella organization of Criminologists, Security Experts and related disciplines, academic world and student bodies, which strive at professionalism, a non-profit making educational organization whose membership pursuit is scholastic, scientific, metaphysic, cultural/traditional and professional knowledge concerning the measurement, etiology, consequences, detection, prevention, management, control and treatment of crime and delinquency including the victims of these vices.
We are poised to harness adequate intelligence on National Security issues from all available academic and non-academic avenues with a view to curbing all manner of criminalities and security challenges in the country via intelligence policing system. NACSP is a community oriented police service (COPS) corps and the brainchild of Nigeria Society for Criminology (NSC) led by Prof. P.E. Igbinovia, Prof. Etannibi Alemika, Prof. O. Kayode-Adedeji, Prof. Hauwau, Evelyn Yusuf and its Founding Members.
We unanimously resolved as follows:-
- That, during the 7th National Central Working Council (NCWC) meeting held at the Intelligence Headquarters in Abuja on the 5th of June, 2022, the Association rectified and adopted the 2021 finance Audited report and 2021 national conference expenditures report.
- That, the joint Council unanimously rectified and adopted the 2022 Budget proposal and 5th national conference proposal of the Association.
- That, at the 7th National central Working Council (NCWC) meeting, jointly held by students, graduates and Security Experts, we unanimously scheduled the 5th National Conference of Criminologists and Security Practitioners of Nigeria (NACSP) on the 14th -15th of October, 2022 in Abuja, with the theme:“2023 Elections in Nigeria and Its Security Implication: The Practical Approach.”
- That, third-five man committee was constituted as conference organizing committee members alongside with five sub-committees: – Induction Committee, Security Vetting Board, Social Media Committee, Pageantry Committee and Late Professor Femi Quiz Competition Committee, Fund Raising Committee for office complex to oversee the smooth organization of the 5th National conference and the Association originating activities.
- That, the body observed with dismayed the non commitment of some members of the association especially the National Executive Council (NEC) members and resolved to relief incapacitated officers of their position and replace committed ones to carry out the aims and objectives of the association.
- That, we unanimously resolved to produce the association handbook and constitution as a guide to all and sundry.
- That, the Maiden Edition (volume3), Journal of Criminologists and Security Practitioners of Nigeria (JOCASPON) and stickers were distributed to departmental Captains/Presidents to deliver to their respective departments.
- That, the organization further proposed the flag up of scholarship scheme for undergraduates and post graduates students of criminology and security studies as a pet project to commemorate the gigantic strived of our heroes of blessed memory such as Late Prof. Darlington Iwarimie–Jaja of University of Port Harcourt, and Late Prof. Joseph Ukwayi of University of Calabar.
These resolutions are the laws of the Association enacted by the Council for the good governance, peace and progress of this Association and are binding on all members and stakeholders.